Urban Land Conservancy (ULC) is seeking a Communications and Grants Manager who will be responsible for managing all of ULC’s internal and external communication activity, grants and supporting fundraising efforts as well as special projects and events.
Ideal candidates will connect with our mission, work well in ambiguity and managing change, remain grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities, and have an understanding of the communities we serve, including individuals and families living on moderate to low income, communities of color, and neighborhoods that face equity issues.
The Communications and Grants Manager will be expected to work independently and perform a wide range of duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Produce and distribute all ULC external communications including newsletters, announcements, news releases, and other relevant material
- Create and design all marketing materials including program overviews, property one-pagers, infographics, marketing brochures, and other print and online materials
- Identify human-interest stories and create content highlighting community organizations, individuals, and action groups serving the Greater Denver region
- Manage and maintain ULC’s website; work directly with web consultant to ensure overall appearance, security measures, and content stays up to date
- Establish and maintain both new and existing media relationships with local, regional, and national publications
- Curate and publish relevant news and partner updates to social media accounts
- Provide writing, editing, and proofreading support to all members of the Strategy and Communications team
Grants and Fundraising
- Identify and successfully obtain grants to support and expand ULC’s impact
- Oversee and manage all grant seeking efforts, including research, letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and reporting requirements for a myriad of foundation and corporate partners
- Oversee fundraising for special events
- Ensure ULC remains compliant with all funders by submitting required reports and documentation in a timely manner
- Track and record all grant activity with current and prospective funders
- Network with new and existing funders to keep current on grant opportunities and grow partnerships
- Plan and execute ULC private and public events, i.e. partner events, annual event, groundbreakings and grand openings, and ULC-led conferences and tours
- Manage department Intern(s) including interviewing, hiring, onboarding/training, and task assignments
- Manage website and graphic design consultants including project scope, budget, and contract execution
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or other related degree
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in marketing, public relations, or communications management
- Must have at least 3-5 years of grant writing and grants management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; prospect research and editorial efficiency; ability to synthesize information and compose clear and effective prose
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to multi-task and manage priorities
- High attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- A commitment to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must pass a satisfactory background check including reference checks
- Must be reliable, punctual, and demonstrate a good work ethic
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for the majority of scheduled work hours
- Salary range: $65,000 – $70,000 is commensurate with depth of experience and overall qualifications.
- ULC also offers a generous benefit package that includes health/dental/vision coverage, life, 401k, and paid time off.
How to Apply:
Using Communications and Grants Manager as the subject line, please send your resume with cover letter to HRapplications@urbanlandc.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Urban Land Conservancy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.