Urban Land Conservancy (“ULC”) is a nonprofit real estate organization that improves metro Denver communities through real estate investment, development and preservation. Since 2003, ULC has invested over $80 million into 30 properties, creating a pipeline to develop and preserve over 1000 affordable rental homes and more than 600,000 square feet of nonprofit facility space
Summary of Position
ULC is currently seeking an Accounting Manager with full-cycle accounting experience. This person will manage the accounting activities of the organization to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly closing of accounts, and preparation of financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the user and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”)
- Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems
- Manage capital assets
- Prepare for and coordinate the external audit and tax return
- Oversee and lead the annual budget process
- Assist with payroll processing
- Assist with special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 6 years accounting experience
- Non-profit accounting experience strongly preferred
- Real Estate accounting helpful
- Accounting software knowledge required; Yardi preferred
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A commitment to maintain strict confidentiality
Salary range: $60,000 – $70,000 is commensurate with depth of experience and overall qualifications. ULC also offers a generous benefit package that includes health/dental/vision coverage, life, 401k, and paid time off.
How to Apply:
Using Accounting Manager as the subject line, please send your resume with cover letter to HRapplications@urbanlandc.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Urban Land Conservancy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.