Today Mayor Michael Hancock will honor 15 Denver projects for excellence in architecture, design and place-making as part of the annual Mayor’s Design Awards, ULC and our partner Medici Communities are extremely honored that Evans Station Lofts is receiving this recognition.
Winning projects were selected for their contribution to the public realm through innovative design, and range from renovation of historic single-family homes to new, multi-use commercial projects. Award recipients include Denver homeowners, business owners, developers, and a business improvement district.
“We have historic buildings made new again through careful renovation, and a few brand-new buildings built to look like they’ve been there for 100 years,” said Mayor Hancock. “All of our winners have improved Denver’s cityscape in their own way, contributing to the vibrant, diverse, world-class city we call home.”
Mayor Hancock and Community Planning and Development manager Rocky Piro will host the awards ceremony at 6 p.m. tonight – November 6 – at the Forney Transportation Museum, 4303 Brighton Blvd. The ceremony is open to the public, and will be followed by a reception on-site.
The 2013 Mayor’s Design Awards recipients are:
- Evans Station Lofts – 2140 S. Delaware St.
- Block 32 – 3200 Brighton Blvd.
- 2020 Lawrence – 2020 Lawrence St.
- Byers Place – Cedar Ave./S. Pearl St./S.Pennsylvania St.
- Curtis Park homes – 2643-2651 Curtis St.
- Spicer/Eshelman residence – 2104 Stuart St.
- EZE Mop Building – 1200 block of E. 17th Avenue
- Tharp residence – 2734 Curtis St.
- Patterson Inn – 420 E. 11th Ave.
- Studio PBA – 1575 Gilpin St.
- Hogshead Brewery – 4460 W. 29th Ave.
- Fillmore Plaza – 2nd Avenue and Fillmore Street
- Illegal Pete’s – 270 S. Broadway
- Common Grounds – 2139 W. 44th Ave.
- DRIVE – 3455 Ringsby Court